At the moment, we have received more than 3000 reports of people receiving a fraudulent message from Belfius Bank. The method used by the scammers is to claim that a new card reader will be available from 13 March 2023 and that the old one will be deactivated. They then ask you to apply for a free card reader. Do not do this.
If you want to check your bank messages, go directly to your personal space via your app and/or the bank's official website.
Do not click on the links, as you will be directed to a fake site. Forward this message to email@example.com and delete it permanently.
Don't fall into the trap
Did you click on a suspicious link?
- If you have clicked on the link, do not complete the fields and terminate any interaction.
- NEVER give out personal codes.
- If you have entered a password that you also use elsewhere, change it immediately.
Have you been scammed?
- If you have lost money or are being extorted, we recommend that you file a report with your local police straight away.
- Contact your bank and/or Card Stop on 078 170 170 (+32 78 170 170 from abroad) if you have passed on bank details, money is disappearing from your bank account or if you have transferred money to a scammer. In this way, any fraudulent transactions can be blocked.