Attention! A phishing message is circulating with the subject "Bericht". The message seems to come from Belfius but is false. In addition, we detected false messages about 'zorgpremie Vlaamse sociale bescherming' and 'Payconiq'.
Don't fall into the trap!
What to do?
- Do not click on a link in a suspicious message, do not open attachments and do not download applications if you are asked to.
- Do not forward the message to your contacts.
- Suspicious emails can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Suspicious text messages can also be forwarded. Take a screenshot and send it to email@example.com. The content is then processed automatically.
Did you click on a suspicious link?
- If you have clicked on the link, do not complete the fields and terminate any interaction.
- NEVER give out personal codes.
- If you have entered a password that you also use elsewhere, change it immediately.
- If you have clicked on a link that opens a website where you have to submit bank details, first check that this is the real website of your bank. If you have the slightest doubt, do not make a payment.
Have you been scammed?
- If you have lost money or are being extorted, we recommend that you file a report with your local police straight away.
- Contact your bank and/or Cardstop on 070 344 344 if you have passed on bank details, money is disappearing from your bank account or if you have transferred money to a scammer. In this way, any fraudulent transactions can be blocked.
- If you want to report fraud, you can contact your bank via a special number: https://beschermjezelfonline.be/bank-contacteren-voor-hulp