We are currently receiving many reports of suspicious messages that appear to come from social secretariats (e.g. Acerta and Liantis).
The message asks you to click on a link. If you click on that link, you will be directed to a form, where you have to fill in your details. If you do, you will be contacted by the scammers by phone.
Have you received such a message?
- Do not click on the link and definitely do not fill in any details.
- Go to your social secretariat login page yourself and check there to see if a message is ready for your organisation.
- Forward the message to email@example.com and then delete it.
Have you been scammed?
- If you have lost money or are being extorted, we recommend that you file a report with your local police straight away.
- Contact your bank and/or Card Stop on 078 170 170 (+32 78 170 170 from abroad) if you have passed on bank details, money is disappearing from your bank account or if you have transferred money to a scammer. In this way, any fraudulent transactions can be blocked.
- If you want to report fraud, you can contact your bank via a special number: https://beschermjezelfonline.be/bank-contacteren-voor-hulp