We have received several reports of messages purporting to be from Sodexo via an address such as "firstname.lastname@example.org", the content of which is similar to the one illustrated below (data to manage your customer area).
[translation] You are asked to confirm or deny your personal data in the Civil Status Register on behalf of a public body, in this case the Flemish Region, for the management of your service vouchers via a so-called "secure" area leading to a fraudulent site.
The idea is to urge you and to encourage you to hand over your bank details.
There is only one thing to do: never click on the link and above all do not enter your data!
Have you received such a message yourself? Do not panic.
- Do not reply to the e-mail.
- Keep the e-mail or print it out and report it to the police.
- Mark the message as SPAM or unwanted.
- Block the sender.
You received such a message and reacted to it. What to do now?
- Contact your bank and/or Card Stop on 078 170 170 (+32 78 170 170 from abroad) if you have transferred money to the fraudster. That way, any fraudulent transactions can be blocked.
- If you want to report fraud, you can contact your bank.
- File a report with the local police in your place of residence. Collect as much information as possible and take it with you when you go to make a report.